Responsible for managing, supervising and coordinating activities of the Ambulatory Surgery Center facility medical billing and accounts receivable staff.
A few of the key duties of this position are:
• Plans, directs and supervises the daily operation of accounts receivable for ambulatory surgery center facility billing.
• Assists the Manger in developing, implementing and revising departmental policies and procedures.
• Oversees the current status of patient accounts and assists in identifying and resolving accounts receivable and processing problems, including managing and reviewing denials and monitoring aged accounts over 90 days.
• Analyzes billing processes and designs, recommends, and implements methods for improvement.
• Works on special projects, compiles data and prepares reports.
• Supervises assigned personnel. Assists in training, orientation and performance evaluation. Recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
• Completes payroll accurately on weekly basis
• Communicates with internal and external staff. Answers the telephone, screens calls and directs to proper source.
• Maintains confidentiality in regard to patient account status.
• Strong computer skills.
• Medical billing experience required, Ambulatory Surgery Center facility billing experience preferred.
Rewards for working at SOS, 17 PTO Days Annually, 7 1/2 Paid Holidays. Monday – Friday work week, Medical and Dental Benefits, 401K, Life Insurance, LTD.
Pay Range: $55,000 to $62,000