Some of the primary responsibilities for this position are
- Triage - speaks directly with the patient to assess what is needed, level of urgency and manages call to an appropriate conclusion. RN acts independently on routine calls.
- Assists with prescription preparation, entry into patient’s chart and sending out electronically to the pharmacy. (100% of medication prescriptions are documented in the patient’s chart.) Prescriptions for other treatment modalities such as PT. OT, Aqua Therapy, are also documented appropriately in the patient’s chart.
- Must be able to function in a fast paced setting demonstrating the ability to multitask and be able to support the various providers who will be working at the site.
- Provides in room support for the MD/Provider to ensure a complete patient intake ensuring that current pertinent information is obtained and documented in a timely fashion such as medications, allergies, DOI, employment status and ROS.
- Dispenses DME as requested by provider and properly documents such supplies in patient’s chart at the time given to patient.
- Nurse Visits are performed and documented in patient chart and sent to Physician for co-signature and commitment to chart.
- Works harmoniously with office support staff to keep providers’ schedule working smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensures that examination rooms are adequately stocked and cleaned at completion of each session.
- Ensures that instruments are cleaned, wrapped, autoclaved and properly sterilized for on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $29.00 to $34.00