Disability Records/Forms Clerk
- Assists in the processing of insurance and disability forms, FMLA, PFMLA, DSS. Must be able to multitask.
- Assists in the direction of form completion for home health care, disability, Workers
comp and medical equipment.
- Properly obtains medical record release form, copies patient information for
requesting parties when necessary to process insurance requests. Obtain
payment from patients and or disability insurance company for processing
fee and records.
- Follows-up with insurance companies when necessary ensuring fax
confirmation to expedite patient disability claims or payment. Updating disability status with disability companies, completing necessary return to work paperwork.
- Documents receipt and output of completed forms in EMR.
- Answers patient questions, inquiries, and concerns regarding their out of
work statements and works with our MD/clinic staff to rectify any patient
complaints or discrepancies with documented information.
- Assists with courteously answering telephone, screening calls, and taking
messages and providing information to callers.
- Develops and maintains a systematic routine to assure the accurate, timely
completion of patient’s disability forms.
- Appropriately & correctly scans completed disability forms into patient’s
EMR, Scan all paperwork to patient portal (FMH)
- When needed may process incoming and outgoing mail.
Must be courteous, efficient and able to multi-task in a fast pace setting. Excellent communication and interaction skills required.
This position will work out of our office located on Widewaters Parkway, East Syracuse.
Rewards for working at SOS, 17 PTO Days Annually, 7 1/2 Paid Holidays, Monday - Friday work week, Medical and Dental Benefits, 401K, Life Insurance, LTD.
Mail resume to SOS, 5824 Widewaters Parkway, East Syracuse, NY 13057 Attn: HR Dept, by email to email@example.com or via fax to 315-552-6020. SOS is an EOE. No phone calls please.