Medical Billing Supervisor (Charge Entry)
We are searching for an experienced medical billing supervisor whose primary experience is in charge entry coding. This position is responsible for managing, supervising and coordinating activities of the charge entry staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Plans, directs and supervises the daily operation of charge entry.
- Assists the CFO in developing, implementing and revising departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversees the current status of patient accounts and assists in identifying and resolving charge entry and processing problems.
- Analyzes billing processes and designs, recommends, and implements methods for improvement.
- Performs coding and error resolutions requiring independent judgment.
- Advises CFO of problems and concerns in the department.
- Works on special projects, compiles data and prepares reports.
- Supervises assigned personnel. Assists in training, orientation and performance evaluation. Recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Communicates with internal and external staff.
- Attends required meetings.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Oversees internal audit of all providers quarterly and external audit annually and reports to the compliance committee
- Audits charts at the request of insurance companies.
- Trains physicians on coding updates.
- Maintains confidentiality in regard to patient account status.
- Attends conferences to keep up with new regulations
Rewards for working at SOS, 22 PTO days annually, 7.5 Paid Holidays
Monday – Friday work week, Medical and Dental Benefits, 401K, Life Insurance, LTD
Mail resume to SOS, 5824 Widewaters Parkway, East Syracuse, NY 13057 Attn: HR Dept, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 315-552-6020. SOS is an EOE. No phone calls please.