Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists is looking for a licensed/certified Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner,with orthopedics and spine surgery experience, to act as a first assistant in surgical cases at our Specialists One Day Surgery Center. This is a surgical PA/NP position only - no clinic involvement.
Scope of practice
PA/RNFA-NP will interact with surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and other health care staff to ensure a smooth and efficient operative experience.
Common roles and responsibilities include:
- Positioning the patient for surgery and aiding with draping
- Clearing the area where the surgeon will operate and holding open incisions by using tissue retractors, sponges, or operating suction or irrigation equipment
- Selecting and assist scrub tech with passing instruments and supplies during an operation
- Stopping bleeding using methods as directed by the surgeon Applying dressings to surgical wounds
- Counting sponges, needles, and other materials before and after the operation
- Closing the incision at the end of the procedure and assisting in transfer of patient out of operating room
The list above is certainly not comprehensive, as the role of a surgical PA/NP will vary greatly depending on the surgical procedure
- PA/NP will work in the SODS center
- This role requires you to be on your feet for long periods of time during a shift.
- Must perform well under pressure, work efficiently with attention to detail, and are open to continuously learning about new surgical procedures and technique
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Typical hours are Monday through Friday with an average of 9 hours per day, no overnights or on call. We will require flexibility with the daily shift
Apply by mail to SOS, 5824 Widewaters Parkway, East Syracuse, NY 13057, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 315-552-6019. SOS is an EOE.