The Benefits of Working at Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists

Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists offers a comprehensive benefits program including

• Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
• Medical Insurance Waiver Option
• Flexible Spending Accounts - Health and Dependent Care
• Paid Term Life/AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
• Paid Long Term Disability Insurance - Hartford
• Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance - AFLAC
• Voluntary Sickness, Accident & Cancer Plans – AFLAC
• Group Home & Auto Insurance through Liberty Mutual
• 401(k) Plan
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
• Credit Union Membership

Medical Dental & Vision Insurance

We offer quality, affordable medical, dental and vision insurance for part/full time employees and their family. Dependent coverage is available up to age 26 for medical, 19 for dental and 20 for vision.

Paid Time Off and Holiday Time

Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists provides their employees with accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) and 7 1/2 paid Holidays. Full Time employees earn 17 days per year pro-rated for part time staff.

Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care

A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is a program that allows you to authorize a payroll deduction on a yearly basis to set aside money on a pre-tax basis for Medical Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement.

Group Term Life Insurance

Company provides full-time employees with a $25,000 Term Life insurance policy and up to $25,000 in additional benefits in the event of Accidental Death or Dismemberment. Premium is paid by SOS.

Voluntary Life Insurance Program

Employees may purchase additional amounts of Term or Universal Life insurance for themselves, their spouse or their children through payroll deduction.

Retirement Plans 401(k) Plan

Employees become eligible to participate in the Plan upon completing 6 months of employment. Participants receive an employer contribution equal to 3% of their total earnings on a yearly basis (contributions for new employees are based on earnings after becoming a participant). In addition, the Plan provides for an additional contribution of 3% of each participants earnings (for a total annual contribution of 6%) depending upon the operational performance of the Company. Participants may also elect to defer up to 90% of their wages on a pre-tax basis (subject to annual statutory maximums). Participants may also elect to defer wages to a post tax Roth 401(k).

Defined Benefit Pension Plan

An additional 1.5% of compensation is allocated to the SOS Defined Benefit Pension Plan on a yearly basis (contributions for new employees are based on yearly earnings that start at the beginning of the following year after completing 6 months of employment).