What is Hip Strain?
One possible cause of hip pain is hip strain. Hip strain happens when a muscle that supports the hip joint is excessively stretched or torn.
There is a range of severity for hip strains. Hip strains can be mild, moderate or severe.
Hip Strain Causes
There are many different hip strain causes. Hip strain causes include, but are not limited to:
- Forceful contact to the hip (such as from a fall or collision while playing sports)
- Overuse of hip muscles from repetitive movements
- Muscle tightness
- and more
Hip Strain Symptoms
There are a variety of hip strain symptoms. Hip strain symptoms include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Hip pain, especially when moving the muscle,
- Hip swelling
- Limited motion
- Muscle weakness
- and more
Hip Strain Treatments
Hip strain can be relieved by:
- Applying ice to the affected area
- Lightly wrapping the area with a bandage
- Elevating the leg above the heart
However, for many patients, the above home remedies may not be enough to provide sufficient relief. An SOS hip specialist can provide hip strain treatments that include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Physical therapy
- Surgery (for severe hip strain)
If you or a loved one are experiencing hip strain symptoms, it's important to seek medical attention. An SOS hip specialist may be able to help with you or your loved one's hip strain. SOS hip specialists develop individualized care plans that makes sense for each patient.
To see an SOS hip specialist about hip strain...