What is Knee Strain?
Knee strain generally refers to knee pain or instability.
Knee Strain Causes
There are many possible causes of knee strain. Common causes of knee strain include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Straining muscles near or around the knee
- Overuse of the knee
- Weakness or imbalance in knee muscles
- Poor posture
- Insufficient foot support from over-worn shoes or using shoes that aren't suitable for certain sports
Knee Strain Symptoms
Knee strain symptoms encompass symptoms of any of the above conditions associated with knee pain. Because of this, knee strain is often associated with a large variety of symptoms. Some of these knee strain symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Knee pain
- Knee swelling
- Bruising on or around the knee
- A feeling of instability in the knee
- Difficulties walking
Knee Strain Treatment
Because knee strain can often be a sign of more specific knee conditions, knee strain treatment is highly individualized. Knee strain may be a sign of a larger problem. To identify a proper knee strain treatment, it's important to see a knee specialist. The knee specialists at SOS have extensive experience in providing care for an array of knee problems.
To see an SOS knee specialist about your knee strain...