In some instances, patients may not be candidates for these types of surgeries. For these patients, the SOS Joint Replacement team who perform more total joint replacements than anyone else in the region are readily available.
The SOS Joint Replacement Program is one of the nation's best, with more than 3,000 surgeries performed annually. All of the surgeons on the SOS joint replacement team are fellowship-trained, highly experienced and skilled in total joint replacement.
Trauma, such as fractures, or diseases like arthritis are the most common reasons for a joint replacement. During the surgery, diseased or injured joint surfaces are removed and replaced with an artificial joint, or prosthesis, generally made from metal and plastic or ceramic, materials designed to allow the artificial joint to move much like a normal joint.
Today, people have longer life expectancies and greater activity levels, and joint replacement is being performed in greater numbers on younger patients thanks to new advances in artificial joint technology.
Common Procedures Include:
- Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Revision Hip Replacement Surgery
- Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
- Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
- Computer Assisted Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement Surgery
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Unicompartmental Knee Replacement
- Treatment of Hip and Knee Disorders in Young Adults
- Adult Joint Reconstruction
The Right Options. Better Movement. Total Orthopedic Care.